Senior Product Owner / Agronomist - Crop Nutrition Solutions
Gamaya, a prominent and rapidly growing Swiss startup, active in the field of smart farming, is seeking an experienced, creative and result-oriented product owner to lead the development and management of our crop nutrition/ soil fertility solutions supporting a strategic priority business.
As a part of the product organization, you will be responsible for different aspects of a product-driven process, starting with an understanding of customer needs, definition of a product, managing feasibility and product development process, and eventually supporting product marketing and go-to-market activities across key markets in Latam, Europe and North America. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver.
- Defining and driving the product strategy for crop nutrition/ soil fertility solutions (current focus on macronutrients NPK prescription solutions in major row crops).
- Capturing the customer requirements and understanding the needs of customers, including farmers and value chain partners, such as distributors or fertilizer producers.
- Own the product and take full responsibility for the product development process end-to-end. Lead and develop product roadmaps in conjunction with the cross-functional teams. Maintain dialogue with marketing, software development, agronomy, and data science teams and provide leadership in developing a product.
- Lead the development of robust protocols and coordinate the field activities internally and with selected partners (Farmer, R&D companies, Local institutes, ...). Be accountable for the scientific and agronomy approach of the protocols.
- Explaining the benefits and value of products, its features and translating them into customer-facing messaging and communication. Delivering presentations/ demos to customers and prospects. Supporting marketing campaigns required for demand generation (supporting a sales team with the knowledge and tools required).
- Defining the product position to customers, partners, and market influencers.
- Conducting competitor analysis, market research. Share best practices and benchmarks
- Senior agronomist with experience in plant nutrition and soil fertility
- Proven experience in a senior product management role (>5 years).
- Owned the entire product life cycle (product marketing, development roadmap, feature design, engineering)
- Proven ability to lead product management/ development and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment.
- Understanding of remote sensing and experience in AgTech is highly beneficial
- Excellence in project management, experience in using agile methodology desired
- Strong technical and architectural understanding of data-driven software products - the job requires interfacing with various teams that specialize in software development, data science, and agronomy
- Working closely with sales and marketing, you are comfortable translating clients needs, business cases and value-streams agile style requirements, using customer journeys, features, epics & user stories. You understand the meaning and importance of acceptance criteria.
- Work experience in the US, Brazil, Europe, and fast-growing tech startups is a plus
- Knowledge of corn, soybean, cereals or sugarcane markets is beneficial
- Advanced English required, Spanish/ Portuguese is a plus
- Customer focused and 100% result-oriented mindset
- Strong project management skills
- Creative problem solving with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including negotiation skills with clients
- Desire to build concrete short to mid-term solutions (Applied R&D, put in practice)
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment - flexible, self-directed, creative, and team player
- Passion for innovation and addressing the global agriculture and food challenge
- Interdisciplinary mindset, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to coordinate, collaborate with and persuade colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Contribute to and influence the revolution of a global industry that is fundamental to life
- Challenge yourself to deliver and market innovative products
- Collaborate with a talented, cross-functional and fast-growing team
Gamaya is at the forefront of innovation in multiple fields: hyperspectral imaging, embedded cameras, artificial intelligence, and agronomy know-how combined into crop-specific solutions adding unique value to customers around the world (farmers, agri-businesses, food-chain).